Sourdough TortillasEasy no roll recipe!
I am passionate about making all food at home, from scratch, but I do not like to spend all day doing it! It is no different for tortillas and this no roll recipe is easy to make, no rolling, no waiting on the dough, and uses extra sourdough starter you have lying around!
2 cups sourdough starter (made from 2 cups flour to 1 cup water)
1 cup water
¾ tsp sea salt, to taste
¼ cup organic coconut oil
Flax seed egg
1 tbsp organic flaxseed, ground
3 tbsp water (to mix with flax)
Mix together, and let sit in fridge for 10 minutes. You can use an egg instead, if you prefer, but the additional flax seed in the tortilla is good too.
- Pour sourdough starter and water into a bowl. Use enough water to achieve thin glue-like consistency.
- Add flax seed egg and mix completely.
- Add salt and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Pour about ⅓ cup onto griddle or pan, pushing the dough out from the center with the back of your ladle to flatten into tortilla shape, or whirling the pan around in circular motions to make it run by itself to the edges.
- Flip when somewhat browned or to your liking.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone.
Fill finished tortillas with meat, beans, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and sour cream for tacos, or use as breakfast burritos with eggs, veggies, and cheese! Yum.
Yield: 12 tortillas
Click here to return to Health Conscious Recipes.